Every region in the country weaves a spellbinding tale of distinct flavours enveloping indigenous ingredients. From North to South
, the shift in geography also sees a unique style of handling and cooking with an ingredient which is a marvelous culinary phenomenon in its own right. Chicken
delicacies are hugely celebrated across the length and breadth of the nation. Souring agents differ and while cumin replaces mustard
seeds in some corner of the country, the overall excitement of relishing a laboriously prepared chicken dish is enough to enthuse Indians all over. South India's love affair with chicken preparations is not unsung of. From fiery fries to the more robust and redolent curries
, the variety here is mind-boggling. The flair and finesse with which every South Indian kitchen rakes up stellar chicken preparations is a sight to behold.
Strictly for the love of South Indian
flavours and an undying appetite for well-cooked chicken, we present to you seven unmatched delicacies from the nook and corners of South India. These will delight you beyond imagination and will soon be a customary sight at your dinner table. Put on your apron and get ready for a magnificent South Indian spread!1. Korri GassiRecipe by Chef Mallikarjun,Taj Manjarun, Karnataka
Coconut milk and tamarind
come together to give a delectable flavour to tender chicken pieces. Relish this masterpiece from Karnataka.A delectable chicken curry with the flavours of coconut, coconut milk and tamarind.2. South Indian Fried ChickenRecipe by Chef Roopa Gulati
A perfect monsoon
3. Chicken NizamiRecipe by Chef Kartikey Verma Cubed boneless chicken pieces and spices tossed and fried together.
With a flurry of aromatic masalas
, luscious add-ons, cream and chicken, this recipe lives up to its name.
4. Chicken 65Recipe by Chef Sebastian Abraham A mouthwatering and rich chicken dish that all must try. Photo credit: iStock
A delicacy that needs no introduction, it's the pride of Chettinad
5. Coorg Gawti ChickenRecipe by Chef Aditya Bal While Chettinad Chicken goes perfectly with Dosa or Appams, it tastes equally good with Parathas and even plain boiled rice.
Up the spice quotient of your meal with this Coorg
6. Kerala Chicken RoastRecipe by Chef Divya Burman Up the spice quotient of your meal with this Coorgi Gawti chicken.
One of the most iconic and must have delicacies of Malabar
cuisine. We bet you will polish it all off!
7. Andhra Pepper ChickenRecipe by Chef Kishore D Reddy Kerala chicken roast is a spicy semi-gravy chicken roast recipe from Kerala.
For those who love their food fiery hot, we bring to you the authentic Andhra
style chicken loaded with the heat of pepper.
For the latest food news, health tips and recipes, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter. Andhra Pepper Chicken is a mouthwatering dish which is perfect to serve at any occasion.
So here you have the 7 best chicken dishes from South India so get that inner chef started and savour these dishes at the comfort of your home with family and friends.