India's culinary love affair with mutton delicacies is unmatchable. From the robust nalli nihari that reigns the northern belt to many other enthusiastically prepared regional delicacies that involve indigenous spices and local cooking techniques - South India's obsession with meat is not unsung of. While the coastal regions celebrate the bountiful of seafood available at their disposal, many other areas rustle up heartwarming, soul-stirring mutton and lamb delicacies.
This is a shout out to all the die-heart meat lovers all across the country, if mutton happens to be your choice of meat then allow us to unveil the choicest, most popular preparations from the South of India. Traditional South Indian flavours weave a spellbinding dream with tender mutton pieces; every region here has something unique to offer at your dinner table. Put on your apron and get ready to get the best of South India cooking in your kitchen - presenting, mutton recipes that will get you hooked on like never before.
1. Gongura Mamsam
Recipe by Chef Srinivas Rao
A meaty delicacy straight from Andhra Pradesh
spiked with the robust flavour of Gongura leaves.
2. Mysore Chilli ChopsRecipe by Chef Niru Gupta Gongura Mamsam is a cuisine which is reputed to be the spiciest of all!
Lamb chops are marinated in a mix of masalas, coated with sesame seed and grilled to perfection.
3. Hyderabadi BiryaniRecipe by Chef Hussain Lamb chops marinated in variety of spices, wrapped in sesame seeds and grilled golden.
The pride of Andhra cuisine!
4. HaleemRecipe by Chef Neeraj Tyagi, Tamra, Shangri - La's Eros Hotel, New Delhi Hyderabadi biryani is one of the most popular biryani recipe.
Master the art of perfecting the traditional Hyderabadi haleem.
5. Mutton DalchaRecipe by Subhorup Dasgupta Haleem is a slow-cooked delicacy usually enjoyed during Eid festivities.
Tender mutton pieces come together chana dal
and a host of indigenous spices, cooked to perfection.
6. Kerala Mutton StewRecipe by Chef Andy Verma Mutton Dalcha is made with mutton, chana dal and a host of spices.
Nothing beats relishing a bowl full of wholesome mutton stew teamed with fluffy appams on a breezy monsoon evening.
7. Ambur BiryaniRecipe by Chef Khader Bhai in Ambur
A complete in meal in itself, relish this traditional delicacy of Ambur in Tamil Nadu.
For the latest food news, health tips and recipes, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter. Ambur biryani is an authentic biryani from Ambur in Tamil Nadu.