1. Heat 2 Tbsp oil, add thymol seeds and curry leaves, saute over high flame till they darken a bit.
2. Add potatoes and turn around till well mixed.
3. Remove pan from flame, add salt, chillies, coriander leaves and lemon juice.
4. When cool enough to handle, shape mixture into walnut sized balls.
5. For the batter, mix the atta and salt together, add enough water to make into a batter.
6. Then heat the oil, till the point where a drop of batter comes up at once.
7. Dip potato balls into the batter and drop into the hot oil.
8. Fry to a light brown, remove from oil and drain on absorbent paper.
9. When ready to serve, fry once again in hot oil, over high flame to a golden brown and serve with a green chutney.