1. Soak saffron in 2 tsp hot milk, keep aside. Chop finely or crush coarsely, the almonds and pistachios.
2. Peel and powder cardamom seeds with a mallet.
3. Add to chopped dry fruit.
4. Run saffron with base of a mallet, in cup, till dissolved in milk.
5. Put milk to boil in a large deep pan, stirring occasionally.
6. When it starts boiling, reduce heat and boil.
7. Stir frequently, till milk is 2/3 in volume.
8. Add all other ingredients to boiling milk.
9. Boil further for 3-4 minutes. Take off fire. Cool a little.
10. Pour into a large decorative serving bowl.
11. Allow to cool completely, chill in refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
12. To avoid a layer forming on the surface, stir frequently while cooling.
13. Serve chilled in individual cups with rose petal to decorate on top, if desired.