1. Oil and roast the beetroot on the stove or in an oven for 10 minutes. Let it cool. Then chop it into smaller pieces.
2. In a pan, roast the sesame seeds until aromatic. Allow to cool and then ground into a powder.
3. In a food processer or blender, mix chickpeas and garlic, and pulse until smooth. You can add a little water, if you find the mixture a little dry.
4. Add the beetroot, sesame powder, curd, olive oil, cumin powder and salt, and blend again until smooth.
5. Transfer to a bowl, and add the lemon juice. Mix well and check seasoning. Finish with a drizzling of olive oil and fresh coriander leaves on top. Serve with pita breads.