Chaulai Ka Saag Recipe
A dish from Uttar Pradesh, chaulai ka saag is usually eaten with makki di roti or paranthas. It is also known as Amaranth leaves and is a great source of vitamin A, folate, vitamin c, iron etc.
Prep Time -
Cook Time -
Total Cook Time -
Difficulty Level -
Ingredients of Chaulai Ka Saag
- 500 gm chaulai-washed and chopped fine
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup onions-grated
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp powdered red pepper
- 1 tsp powdered coriander seeds
How to Make Chaulai Ka Saag
1. Heat oil and add cumin, when it splutters, add bay leaf, ginger and the garlic, and saute till a light brown.
2. Add onions and saute till a soft.
3. Add chaulai, salt, garam masala, red pepper, coriander powder and stir till well mixed.
4. Cook over medium heat, uncovered, till soft and cooked through.
Note: you can combine it with boiled potatoes, paneer, carrots or any vegetable that you like the taste of combined with chaulai.