Galouti Kebab Recipe
Melt in your mouth kebabs from the Awadhi table. Try this aromatic and flavorsome galouti kebab recipe.
Recipe Servings - 12
Prep Time -
Cook Time -
Total Cook Time -
Difficulty Level -
Ingredients of Galouti Kebab
- 1/2 kg minced meat
- Grind together:
- 75-100 gm chopped raw papaya
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 8 cloves
- Seeds of 2 black cardamoms
- 2 tsp poppy seeds-roasted and dry ground
- 4 peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp pieces of cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp dessicated coconut-lightly roasted
- 2 blades of mace
- 5 green cardamoms
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- For the Kebabs:
- 1 cup sliced onions-fried brown and crisp in 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- 3 Tbsp roasted gram flour
- 1 egg
- Ghee to pan fry the kebabs
- Lemon juice to sprinkle over the kebabs
How to Make Galouti Kebab
Marinate the minced meat in the ground ingredients for 4-5 hours.
Mix together the coriander leaves, green chillies, gram flour and egg.
Add to the meat and work at it for some time, almost kneading it like a dough.
Shape mixture into round patties of desired size, and refrigerate for half an hour or so.
Heat the ghee in a heavy-based frying pan or griddle.
Fry the kebabs, browning first one side and then the other, over medium heat.
Arrange them on a serving dish, sprinkle lemon juice and serve.