1. In a non-stick vessel, heat oil and add cumin seeds.
2. Once the seeds crackle, add the bay leaves, stir gently and add chopped onions. Cook the onions till they turn brown.
3. Now add ginger garlic paste, coriander mint paste and curd to the vessel and cook well. Once the masala is cooked well, you will start getting a lovely aroma and this is the correct time to stir in the dry masalas.
4. Cook for 5-6 minutes, time to add the crunchy capsicum. Once done, add the rice and 1 1/2 cups of water.
5. Cover the vessel with a lid and let it cook for 15 minutes or till the rice is done.
6. Garnish with some coriander and serve fresh.