Lemon Rice with Spiced Curd Recipe
Light and Lemony! Lemon flavored rice cooked with curry leaves, ginger, chillies, urad dal, channa dal and served with yogurt made with sizzling tadka of red pepper, urad dal and rai.
Chef - Andy
Serves - 2
Prep Time -
Cook Time -
Ingredients of Lemon Rice with Spiced Curd
- 1 cup cooked rice
2 Tbsp oil
20 curry leaves
Pinch of asafoetida
1 Tbsp rai
1/2 Tbsp ginger
2 green chillies
4 whole red chillies
2 Tbsp urad dal
2 Tbsp channa dal
1/2 Tbsp turmeric
4 Tbsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
3 Tbsp water
Fresh coriander to garnish
How to Make Lemon Rice with Spiced Curd
1. Boil the rice, drain and keep aside.
2. Heat the oil, add rai, asafoetida, curry leaves, ginger, chillies, urad dal, channa dal and the
3. Add the lemon juice, salt, water and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the rice and mix well.
4. Finally garnish with coriander.
For the curd:
5. Whisk well, add cucumber and put a tarka of curry leaves, red pepper powder, rai and urad daal.
Basmati Rice, Curry Leaves, Asafoetida, Mustard Seeds, Ginger, Green Chillies, Red Chilli, Bengal Gram (split), Turmeric, Lemon Juice, Salt, Coriander Leaves, Vegetable oil