1. In a heavy bottom pan, add ghee and papaya.
2. Saute on high heat for 5 minutes stirring continuously.
3. Add cardamom powder and almond powder, mix well and let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes on medium flame.
4. Stir occasionally to avoid burning. Add khova, saffron, and 2 drops of rose essence.
5. Let it simmer for 4 to 5 minutes till khova is well combined.
6. Finally add sugar, mix and saute on high heat stirring continuously till mixture becomes very thick.
7. Take it off the stove, immediately pour it on a greased tray or plate.
8. Refrigerate, till it sets. Cut in squares or diamond shapes or any other shape of your choice. Garnish with slivered almonds and saffron strands.
9. Delicious papaya badam barfi is ready to be served.