Rajasthani Mirchi Vada Recipe
This is a popular street snack of Rajasthan also known as Jodhpuri Mirchi Vada. Green peppers stuffed with a masala aloo filling and deep fried. Serve with a tangy tomato chutney or white bread.
Recipe Servings - 5
Prep Time -
Cook Time -
Total Cook Time -
Difficulty Level -
Ingredients of Rajasthani Mirchi Vada
- 12-15 large green peppers
- 1 cup besan (chick-pea flour)
- 1 tsp salt
- Water (to mix the batter)
- Oil for deep-frying
- For the filling:
- 250 gm potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp amchoor (dried mango powder)
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 2 tsp saunf (fennel seeds), crushed
- 1 tsp green chillis, chopped
How to Make Rajasthani Mirchi Vada
For the filling:
1. Mix together the potatoes, salt, chilli powder, amchoor, coriander powder, asafoetida, green chillies
For the vada:
1. Wash and wipe the peppers, slit lengthwise, and de-seed.
2. Fill with the potato filling.
3. Mix the besan with the salt and enough water to form a thick, smooth paste.
4. Heat the oil till a drop of batter dropped in comes up at once.
5. Dip the pepper in the batter, and drop it into the hot oil.
6. Lower the heat to medium and fry till a golden colour.
7. Lift out and transfer on to an absorbent paper, before serving.