For the filling:
1. Mix together the potatoes, salt, chilli powder, amchoor, coriander powder, asafoetida, green chillies
For the vada:
1. Wash and wipe the peppers, slit lengthwise, and de-seed.
2. Fill with the potato filling.
3. Mix the besan with the salt and enough water to form a thick, smooth paste.
4. Heat the oil till a drop of batter dropped in comes up at once.
5. Dip the pepper in the batter, and drop it into the hot oil.
6. Lower the heat to medium and fry till a golden colour.
7. Lift out and transfer on to an absorbent paper, before serving.