Baby Lettuce, Citrus Fruits with Feta Salad Recipe
A refreshing salad with an assortment of salad leaves, citrus fruits, feta cheese and a light dressing.
Chef - Chef J.D
Recipe Servings - 2
Cook Time -
Total Cook Time -
Difficulty Level -
Ingredients of Baby Lettuce, Citrus Fruits with Feta Salad
- Large salad bowl full (approx 250 gm) : Assorted baby lettuce - romaine, cos, red leaf, lamb's, curly, endive etc. cleaned thoroughly and chilled
- 250 gm assorted citrus fruits - pomello, grape fruit, malta, orange, sweet lime and lemon.
- 1/2 cup citrus juice, reserved from above
- 1 cup onion rings soaked in water
- 1/2 cup olives, green and black (avoid stuffed olives)
- 1 Tbsp capers, salt washed off
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 200 gms of feta
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Crushed pepper, to taste
How to Make Baby Lettuce, Citrus Fruits with Feta Salad
When cutting the fruits: Peel the skin, hold the fruits over a bowl and cut into neat wedges. Hold the juice that drips while cutting for later use.
Mix all the ingredients, except the feta cheese, juice, oil and seasonings together in a large salad bowl.
Whisk the oil and citrus juice together, season with the salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
Sprinkle the feta cheese over the salad.